skip to content »

Updating passport with married name

updating passport with married name-23

In certain situations a passport holder who changes their name can apply for a replacement passport in their new name to be issued free of charge.

updating passport with married name-48updating passport with married name-81

To do so, you must complete a full passport application form and present original documents to support your identity and citizenship, as well as evidence that links all of your name changes.To ensure the integrity and security of your identity, you must present original documentation supporting every name change since birth or the acquisition of Australian citizenship.This includes changes of family name resulting from new marital status; transliteration, Anglicisation or altered spelling of names (for example, Guiseppe to Joseph; Shaun to Sean); and gender transition.In case of re-married spouse (apply for change of name / spouse name in case of re-marriage after divorce or death of spouse), divorce deed or death certificate, as applicable, with respect to her first spouse should be submitted.These examples must date back at least two years from the date you submit your application form.The following are examples of name changes and the required documentation: If you are presenting foreign documents that are not written in English, you must provide a full English translation prepared by an approved translation service.

To have a foreign document legalised or apostilled by the issuing government, you should contact the relevant foreign embassy or consulate in Australia.

Full fees of $120 for a 5 year passport, or $160 for a 10 year passport are payable directly to Passports Canada.

Name changes in passports can't be done via the renewal process.

If you want to change your name following a marriage/civil partnership or if you want to revert to your maiden name other documents are accepted.

If your name has changed since your last passport was issued, you'll have to apply for a new passport.

The replacement passport will have the same expiry date as your original passport.